What’s At Stake in 2017:
The unparalleled promise of the Internet is facing an increasing level of risk that threatens to hinder the innovative and transformative power of the Internet for progress around the world. The IGF-USA is a multistakeholder effort to illuminate these issues and cultivate constructive discussions about the future of the Internet.
Washington, DC — On Monday, July 24, thought leaders from civil society, industry, academia, and government will meet at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) in Washington, DC for IGF-USA – the preeminent conference on Internet governance in the United States.
To find out more, search for the #IGFUSA2017 hashtag on Twitter.
This year’s IGF-USA will feature panels, keynotes, and plenaries discussing issues vital to the continued growth of the Internet and increasing its benefits for all:
IGF-USA 2017 Confirmed Keynotes:
- Vint Cerf – Chief Internet Evangelist for Google
- Craig Newmark – Founder of Craigslist and the Craig Newmark Foundation
- Maureen Ohlhausen – Commissioner of the Federal Trade Commission
IGF-USA 2017 Panel Topics:
- Nationalism, Disinformation, & Free Expression in the Age of the Internet
- Where are the “Digital Dividends” We Thought the Internet Would Deliver?
- Promoting a More Inclusive Internet
- Smarter Network Opportunities & Digital Game Changers
- Healing Internet Fragmentation
- Taking a Holistic Approach to the Internet of Things
- National Network Regulation vs. the Global Cloud
- Privacy & Regulation: Bottom-up vs. Top-down
What: Internet Governance Forum – USA 2017
When: Monday, July 24, 2017 at 8 AM – 5:30 PM (EDT)
Where: Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) – 1616 Rhode Island Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036