What’s At Stake in 2018:
The unparalleled promise of the Internet is facing an increasing level of risk that threatens to hinder the innovative and transformative power of the Internet for progress around the world. The IGF-USA is a multistakeholder effort to illuminate these issues and cultivate constructive discussions about the future of the Internet.
Washington, DC — On Friday, July 27, thought leaders from civil society, industry, academia, and government will meet at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) in Washington, DC for IGF-USA – the preeminent conference on Internet governance in the United States.
To find out more, search for the #IGFUSA hashtag on Twitter.
This year’s IGF-USA will feature panels, keynotes, and plenaries discussing issues vital to the continued growth of the Internet and increasing its benefits for all:
IGF-USA 2018 Confirmed Keynotes:
- David Redl – Assistant Secretary for Communications and Information and Administrator
- Commissioner Noah J. Phillips– Federal Trade Commission
IGF-USA 2018 Panel Topics:
- Should the USA Opt-In to Europe’s Privacy Regime?
- The Futures of Work: How Will the Internet Change My Job?
- Connecting Broadband with Economic Opportunities: Challenges and Success Stories
- Motion to Dismiss? The role of courts in shaping Internet policy
- Designing Smart Communities that are People-centric, Transparent and Resilient
- Trending now: Scenarios from the future of Fake News
- The Competition Debate: Is Big Tech Good for America?
- Moderating Content on Online Platforms. What Would You Do?
What: Internet Governance Forum – USA 2018
When: Friday, July 27, 2017 at 8 AM – 4:30 PM (EDT)
Where: Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) – 1616 Rhode Island Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036