Forum – USA 2019
What’s At Stake in 2019?
Washington, DC — On Thursday, July 25, thought leaders from civil society, industry, academia, and government will meet at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) in Washington, DC for IGF-USA – the preeminent conference on Internet governance in the United States.
The governance of the Internet has become a major priority for governments, advocates, academics, and industry across the globe. While the promise of the Internet and the technology it enables is still unparalleled, there are real risks and backlash that threaten to hinder the innovative and transformative power of the Internet for progress around the world. The IGF-USA is a multistakeholder effort to illuminate these issues and cultivate constructive discussions about the future of the Internet.
This year’s IGF-USA will feature keynotes and sessions discussing issues vital to the continued growth of the Internet and increasing its benefits for all:
- Ambassador Robert L. Strayer – Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Cyber and International Communications and Information Policy
- Commissioner Christine S. Wilson – Federal Trade Commission
- Which national privacy strategy should the US adopt?
- Is the Techlash Justified?
- If Big is Bad, is Big Tech Even Badder?
- Cyber safety and resiliency at the internet infrastructure layer
- Diverging paths for platform liability – the impact of Section 230 and the choice for America’s digital future
- Innovative Solutions for Digital Inclusion
- Artificial Intelligence
What: Internet Governance Forum USA 2019
When: Thursday, July 25, 2017 at 8 AM – 5:30 PM (EDT)
Where: Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) – 1616 Rhode Island Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036
Thank you to our sponsors!
Stay informed about and engaged with the IGF-USA community
Everything you need to know about IGF-USA