The Internet Governance Forum USA (IGF-USA) 2021 planning cycle has officially commenced. We enter this year with uncertainty about the format of the forum. However, we will navigate the uncertainty with our continued commitment to facilitating multistakeholder dialogue on the issues and pressures facing the Internet and its governance.
- → January 28 – February 16: Call For Topics to gather community input for potential conference topics
- February 25: Steering Committee Meeting to discuss results from Call for Topics and the Subject Matter Survey process
- March 1 – March 12: Subject Matter Survey Open Period
- March 18: Steering Committee Meeting to discuss Subject Matter Survey Results and confirm sessions for the IGF-USA 2021
- March 22 – April 2: Session Team Sign-ups
See “Procedure” below for a more detailed description of IGF-USA 2021’s planning cycle.
Steering Committee Meetings
The Steering Committee begins its process with an open Call for Topics to establish a basis for which subjects the IGF-USA should consider covering at this year’s conference.
After the Call for Topics closes, the submissions will be published on the IGF-USA Wiki (example from 2020) and the Steering Committee will discuss the subjects, trends and themes that emerged out of the process. The submissions and subsequent discussion will be used to develop our Subject Matter survey which is distributed widely and asks respondents to rank the session subjects. Based on the results of this survey, the Steering Committee will select the session subjects that will populate the IGF-USA 2021 Agenda.
Once the session are confirmed, each session will be organized and developed by independent teams, which are open to anyone to join. These teams will fine-tune the substance of the session, deciding on subject matter, format, speakers and other session details.
All parts of the planning process described above are open to anyone interested in contributing. If you have not already done so, please check out the important dates below and subscribe to the the IGF-USA listserv here for updates.
After reviewing this page, please reach out to [email protected] with any additional questions.